One of my fish has a little red under ?

Q&A about cichlids in community tanks

Moderator: Pam Chin

adog16

One of my fish has a little red under ?

Post by adog16 »

Hi Pam,
One of my little assorted chiclids had a little red under its fin its not on the fin its mre under the skin. I treated it with salt and it doesnt look to bad. I know its a bacterial infection but i think its because my temp is being adjusted right Know. My question to you is will that go away and will it affect my other fish?
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Adog,

Yes, hopefully that is just something that is bothering that one fish. Salt is certainly not going to hurt your fish, if you use it reasonably. But it is debatable if it will help the issue. A water change would probably be more beneficial. We haven't talked about water changes, but it is really important to stay on top of them. And the more water you change the more your fish will love you. So, don't be afraid to increase the percentage you change when you do your regular maintenance. Just gradually increase the amount you change about 10% each time, and before long you will be up to 50 - 70% water changes. And I think you will notice a difference in the way your fish look and act!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com