frightened parrots

Q&A about cichlids in community tanks

Moderator: Pam Chin

chikantikka

frightened parrots

Post by chikantikka »

I bought two parrots a few days ago and they were doing fine until tonight. when ever i walk by the talk or even look in, they literally flip out and start swimming around really quickly in terror. they even bump into the walls of the tank and the filter tubing. after settling down they joat float with their tail up and thier face to the ground. they both act the same way when i walk by.

this just started to happen, as they were fine even when i was cleaning the tank a few days ago or when other people would look in the tank. i agree that i am not at home much but i do try to keep the light on 8 hrs a day and not disturb them.

im just surprised bc i thought these were supposed to be people-freindly fish. they just seem completely terrified of me when i even walk by.

there is one small puffer in the tank also but he doesnt even seem to care about whats going on.

thanks for any advice.
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Chik,

I would say since they are new they haven't settled in yet to the new surroundings. But do a double check on all your equipment to make sure everything is working right. Hopefully they have not inflicted any internal injuries by bouncing off the glass.
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com