Wet/Dry Filter

Q&A about aquarium maintenance

Moderator: Pam Chin

Ricila

Wet/Dry Filter

Post by Ricila »

We used to have 10 gallons tank for our first Chiclid...Big Mistake! Then we later moved on to 38 Gallons tank and had 5 chiclids for 3 years and they all passed away last year. While we did more reserch online. We learn it's good idea to have 75 gallons tank or larger. We look around in store and liked 90 gallons tank or 220 gallons tank. We are now concerning on to get 220 gallons tank. We are going to work on add support in basement to be ready to add 220 gallons tanks. At the store the 220 gallons tank come with wet/dry filter. We have no experience with it. The store told us that we do not need additional filter, air pump, or tempture at all. Is that correct? Is there anything we need to add to it (beside gravel and rocks). We are looking forward to get "Texas" rocks for chiclids.
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Wet/Dry Filter

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Ricila!

WOW!!! That is going to be so cool, you must be very excited, I know I would be!!

They do make tanks these days that have the filters already built in, and a wet/dry filter is a good method to use. I am sure you will be happy with it. It sounds like your heater is in the filter also, and as your filter returns water to the tank it breaks the surface providing the air for the fish. Texas Holy rock is great, and you are going to have a lot of fun setting this up and getting fish!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com