Fish Room Rack 2

Q&A about aquarium maintenance

Moderator: Pam Chin

unblinded

Fish Room Rack 2

Post by unblinded »

Pam,

Many thanks for the photos. You had shared those with me in cichlid-forum chat one time. I hate that I didn't get to go to San Antonio this past weekend--I saw some pics of you there & Dave R told me he was hanging out with you guys on Thursday. Marvin told me there were way more people than even he expected. I'm very familiar with unistrut-been in construction for several years now. I see it's going to run around 200$ apiece for a 3 tiered stand-I'll probably bite the bullet & just do it because it's a 1 time investment & they just look so much better. Plus, it's not like I have all the tanks I'm going to have when it's completed. I have the first 7 tanks--it's all Marvin's fault that I even "need' a fish room/house. I'm green with envy over yours, btw. What are the complete dimensions of yours? Mine will be a meager 12' x 16'--just enough to cram in 20 or so medium/large tanks.

Thanks again Pam,

Jason
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Fish Room Rack 2

Post by Pam Chin »

Jason,

Wow, FOTAS was great, I had good time! Fish shop hopping with Dave was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend.

Yes if you can do a stand at a time, the cost impact is not as bad. I did one room at a time, when I started with these stands. And I do think they would be easy to move, you just take them apart. And I know it cost less then tube steel and a welder! My fish house is 20 X 60.

Having a fish room or fish house is loads of fun, glad to hear you are working on yours! Its always a work in progress, and that is what makes it fun too!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com