Juvinile Tropheus Duboisi Bloat?

Q&A about Tropheus and Petrochromis

Moderator: Pam Chin

nesco

Juvinile Tropheus Duboisi Bloat?

Post by nesco »

Hi Pam

I recently bought 12 juvinile trogheus duboisi. They all seem well but one, he is still feeding and swimming around but i noticed that one of his fins is claped to his body. Is this bloat? should i use Clout? does clout harm healthy fish. My tank is a ninety gallon with alot of rocks the temp is 76 degree's and there is no ammonia and the nitrate level is about 10ppm. The guy who sold me the fish said he was feeding them cichlid pellets. I'm doing the same but i think i'll go buy some spiralina. What should i do?
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Nesco,

Don't panic yet, and I don't like treat fish unless there is absolutely no altenative. He may be a little stressed with the move and all, in addition to a new tank. Especially if he is still eating. Keep an eye on him, and hopefully things will improve. If not, then you will have to consider treating, but you will want to remove him and treat in a separate tank, since you don't want to medicate you main tank. It s really hard to diagnose fish with out seeing them. Even if all your water conditions are in tip top shape it never hurts to do a water change. These fish thrive on fresh water, so you might want to do that. Tropheus just hate change, and sometimes they panic, when you start to feed them the new foods, do it gradually.
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com