sizes???

Q&A about Tropheus and Petrochromis

Moderator: Pam Chin

steve0o09

sizes???

Post by steve0o09 »

well as you may remember, i was getting 60 tropheus to put into my 125. i did end up getting them, but first got 47, grew them up and put them into the 125, then got another 16 that im now growing up in a 55 gallon. but the thing is, i NEED the 55 gallon tank. first of all i have to sell one of my 55 gallons, so im down to 2, and i need one for my demasoni colony, and the other for the 4 females' fry that are holding right now.

so my question is.....

would tropheus duboisi fry that are about .75 inches be able to live without being bothered too much with some others that are 1.5-2 inches in a 125 gallon tank with lots of rockwork???

thanks
steven
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Steve,

Yes I think you can safely introduce them to your Tropheus tank. I would do a major water change, move all the rocks around, and then add your smaller fish. Since you are adding a bunch instead of one or two, the other group isn't going to be able to figure it out and you'll be fine. When you do move those rocks around make a point to provide some additional cover, so if a smaller one is getting chased, there is a place where they can get away.

Its going to look great!!!!!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com