Tropheus not eating

Q&A about Tropheus and Petrochromis

Moderator: Pam Chin

yogigan

Tropheus not eating

Post by yogigan »

Dear Pam,

I just bought 12 pcs of tropheus and have beening trying to feed them with flakes, seaweed sheet, tetra bites but they dont seem to be intrested all. I have them for nearly 5 days.

I did add abrick which has algae on it hoping they will graze on it, but till now I have not noticed and eating.

the only thing i notice the like was daphnia which i drop in some and the ate them.

should i give them daphnia or stick to flakes? Also they look weak as today

Please advise, oh I am in Malaysia. my email is [email protected]

thanks

amir
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Amir,

I would look at them closely, are they fine other then not eating?? The stress from moving may have made them a bit shy about food. I don't worry about them not eating as long as everything else is okay. But if they are not swimming, have their fins clamped, showing any clear or white feces and breathing hard, they may have stressed themselves into bloat.

The first thing I would do is a major water change, if this doesn't perk them up, then you may need to consider using clout or metro to hopefully snap them out of it.

If the are fine other then not eating, still do a water change, and then just don't feed them for a couple more days, when they get hungry they will eat. Moving Tropheus can really upset their routine, and sometimes it can turn into bloat. Dont feed them a variety of things until you can get them on one type of food, then you can other foods to their diet.
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com