Is there a cichlid rescue?

Miscellaneous
questions

Moderator: Pam Chin

janiel

Is there a cichlid rescue?

Post by janiel »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere and I missed it. I was given albino red zebras by a friend who thoughtlessly decided to give pets that were not wanted. He got them in downtown and could not take them back and told me to flush them if I did not want them!!!! :( I am a devoted pet owner, so I took care of them. They were happy and bred and bred. I have WAY TOO many cichlids now... more than I can count. :( I cannot get a larger tank, and have to do very frequent water changes to maintain the quality. They are too crowded and growing bigger and bigger. I need to find homes for these guys. I hate to give them to a fish store, as I fear they will be abused or just die horribly. I gave two to a friend who has been keeping fish for years and he managed to kill them both in a matter of months. :( My situation is dire now. Where/how can I place these fish in good homes???? They range in size from 1.5 inches to 3 inches.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a cichlid rescue?

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi janiel,

You need to get the word out. If you have a club in your area, you can let them know, if you hang out on a forum, place an ad in the trading post area for local pickup. There is no organized or official cichlid rescue that I know of, however, if you get the word out in your area, someone will usually step up to the plate.

Good Luck,
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com