Online fish competition

Miscellaneous
questions

Moderator: Pam Chin

albert_abadicio

Online fish competition

Post by albert_abadicio »

Hi Pam,

I am Albert a member of a cichlid club in the Philippines. I am currently pondering on organizing an online cichlid show, wherein the winners will be showcased in an actual cichlid exhibit complete with information about the cichlids. But since it is an online competition, considering there are so many advanced picture editing software available, I thought it might be difficult to come up with the mechanics for such a show.

I was hoping that you might have encountered something similar to the show I was planning to organize and I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Thank you very much!
Albert
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Online fish competition

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi Albert,

I think it sounds like a neat idea. While there have been many photo contests all the fish/pictures are grouped together, and it would be neat to see actual classes and have a true competition between the species. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way you will be able to police the photo shopping, but your judges should be smart enough to figure out what is and whats not.

I haven't seen anything like this before, but I envision that it would have classes like any other fish show. You would have specific judges for each area of fish. For example some people may not be comfortable judging Tanganyikan cichlids, but they really know their Geophagus. After the class are all judged, and you have your division winners, then all judges participate in picking the Best of Show.

I say go for it!
Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com