fry

Miscellaneous
questions

Moderator: Pam Chin

chorns

fry

Post by chorns »

Hello Pam,
I recently took on my husbands tank, he is no longer in the house, he had a mixed cichlid tank and by sure accident I came across baby fry. I only see 2 of them, while this may be nothing too you I am very excited. I believe one is some type of marble dont know the tech name, but its a nice orange with black spots, and the other baby is oh a black with a tannish red stripes, now I dont want too get rid of them just cant do it but is this natural? My husband has had this tank for years and I have never come across this.
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi chorns,

When it comes to fish almost anything is possible. The first thing you need to do is ID your fish. And make sure your fry is not a hybrid, which is frowned upon in the hobby. You can keep them if you like, you just don't want to trade them in or give them away, but lets not worry about that now. Most important is determining what kind of fish you have. I also would like to know how big your tank is and how many fish and their sizes.

If you could get a photo that would be great. You can you upload your photo to a message, or give us a link and we can take a look. You'll have to start a new message, just call it fry #2!
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com