Tank size

Q&A About Central American Cichlids

Moderator: Pam Chin

Jk23

Tank size

Post by Jk23 »

Pam,
I have a question that you may be able to answer. Currently I have a 75 gallon tank with a 8 inch (give or take) synspilum. I am going to get a larger tank. I am debating on either a 150 gallon tall tank or a long 110 gallon tank. The two I am looking at are the same price, but the 110 comes with everything I would need which is the reason for the same price. The issue with the 150 is that the tank is more square. It is the same length as my 75 gallon, but wider and taller. I like the 110 gallon long because I feel it would give my large fish more room to swim from left to right. Also I thought the tank with morelength that would give me a chance to possibly put another central american cichlid in there as well (he did well with a nicky, but 75 gallon was too small). What do you think would be best the 150 gallon tall or the 110 gallon long?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Tank size

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi JK,

Well I think you should get both!! But if I had to pick, and accessories were not an issue, I would go with the 150. You will have more options in the future. And anytime you can get more gallons in the same space you are ahead. But if money is an issue, and the other one has a filter, it is a viable option and a tank that you will always be able to sell, if you upgrade to a larger tank.

You can't have too many tanks!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com