trying to help Pt3

Q&A About Central American Cichlids

Moderator: Pam Chin

cjhp

trying to help Pt3

Post by cjhp »

Alright a couple hours of research has provided me with another question; 55gal tank 1 JD 1 Green Severum? Both are currently juvenile and do fine together, I am hoping that with shear size difference the adult versions of these two could get along. All of my questions thus far are referencing the future everything is ok now, and everyone is happy. Also follow-up question; I rearrange my cichlid tank about 1 a month. Most of my decor is mopawni wood (very oblong and capable of being rearranged many different ways) should I hinder this behavior in mind of keeping territorial fish? So far it doesnt seem to have a negative effect. But I am sure to any juvenile fish anything is better than being at a pet store.
thanks
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: trying to help Pt3

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi cjhp,

I think the tank is too small to house both species as adults. I think the JD will intimidate the severum. See how it goes, you will know if it becomes an issue.

Regarding changing your decorations around. Thats usually good a way to trick your fish maybe once or twice, but the tank is not that big and these fish are smarter then you think. And barriers just encourage fish to incorporate them in their territory to their advantage.

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com