thank you for your reply

Q&A about South American Cichlids

Moderator: Pam Chin

rickyandlucy

thank you for your reply

Post by rickyandlucy »

thank you for replying about the hole in rickys gill he was alone when this happened to him also it started as two small holes and opened into what you saw in the photo i have had my water tested completely and it is perfect now his is getting the same thing on the other side and he has stopped eating since i ask you what was wrong im not sure what to do at this point people say parisite treated for that then bacteris and i treated for that also changed the whole tank including the old gravel which was peastone to what you see. also told water quality but that is perfect do you have any suggestions i dont want him to suffer unnessasarily
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: thank you for your reply

Post by Pam Chin »

Any time your fish has an open sore it is not good. Sounds like you have covered your bases on treating and also your water conditions. It is just really hard to diagnose fish, and so it is tough to say what your best option is now. You have to decide when his quality of life is not what it should be and unfortunately at that point, the fish should be euthanized.

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com