Sick Oscar

Q&A about diseases and their cure

Moderator: Pam Chin

ualtalk

Sick Oscar

Post by ualtalk »

My Oscar has a large open red sore, on the left side of his face just in front of his eye. This problem has been ongoing for two months. I have checked water levels. PH,acid, nitrates, everything is in the normal range. I have used a number of meds, myracin, melaxflix,erythromycin, tetracyclin, and metronidazole. None of these meds have helped. He still has a good appetite, and I have been doing water changes every week instead of every other week. George is in a 72 gallon tank by himself with a RENA water filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have included a picture of George.
Thanks for any help.
UALTALK
Attachments
Picture of my sick Oscar, (named Geroge).
Picture of my sick Oscar, (named Geroge).
070706084014.JPG (138.55 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Sick Oscar

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi ualtalk,

Dang, I have never seen anything like that on a fish that is still eating and swimming. I really don't have any idea what that could be or caused from. Do you have access to a vet? Or to a Vet school?? They maybe able to determine what it could be. There are so many meds, and treating him with the wrong one can make issues worse. And you have been treating it and it is not getting better then it may be something that is going to require a prescription to treat. Wish I could be of more help, and good luck.

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com