Very Sick Oscars - MD - Revisited

Q&A about diseases and their cure

Moderator: Pam Chin

Lpb52

Very Sick Oscars - MD - Revisited

Post by Lpb52 »

Thanks for the input, Pam. Our interference roused her, and she cleaned the tank and medicated it today (probably exactly what you prescribed), and the less sick oscar is actually doing better -- he is eating today. The other one, we thought had definitely expired last night, but when mom went to remove him, he moved out of her hands. I looked at him today, he's still completely still, no lip, no gill moving, like last night, but now new nasty growths on him, one pink and multifaceted around his eye, other green and white new ones on his face and fins. Gross. It's sad, because they have personalities, even if these had no name. I always felt bad about this one being the underdog -- the other is more aggressive.

Please feel free to merge this post -- I was prohibited from replying to my previous thread. Thank you for the contact in Fairfax -- I'll hang onto it, as I might have to inquire again if things aren't resolved tomorrow.

Lynn
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Very Sick Oscars - MD - Revisited

Post by Pam Chin »

Lynn,

Doesn't sound good for the one Oscar, sadly it may be best to euthanize, once down on their sides it can be difficult for them to recover and if they have fungus or infections on them it is even more unlikely.

Thanks for the update.
Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com