breathing heavy fast

Q&A about diseases and their cure

Moderator: Pam Chin

fmkeylock

breathing heavy fast

Post by fmkeylock »

Hi pam
i noticed one of my fish not eating and just sitting on bottom breathing heavy and fast?? water paramiters all good temp 76 all water changes are right on the money. got up tis morning and he was dead?? No blothces on body no red gills no puffyness no swelling no ich showing fish was about 5 months old it was a ruby green. So far no other fish is breathing heavy. Do you have any ideas what could have happened? also what if somebody else starts same symptoms what do i do. Thanks for your help.
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: breathing heavy fast

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi FM,

Its really hard to tell what happened? You always want to check the basics, making sure the temp is okay, the filter is working etc. But after that it becomes detective work. Sometimes thru the process of elimination you can figure out what may have happened. It is very hard to recommend any meds, with out actually knowing what the problem is. Treating with the wrong meds can be worse then not treating at all.

Whenever I have an issue like this I usually do a water change as well as checking all the basics. Water changes can work miracles for the stuff you can't see or figure out. So for sure do one! I hope that will turn it around for you.

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com