Lets try this one more time Pam!

Q&A About Lake Malawi Cichlids

Moderator: Pam Chin

Dontpanic42

Lets try this one more time Pam!

Post by Dontpanic42 »

Ok, after some more research (and more confusing myself) I've put together this list, hopefully it works!!

Peacocks:
Aulonocara baenschi
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi undu reef
Aulonocara kandeense
Aulonocara rubescens (I believe you said this was a maybe)
Aulonocara maylandi

Haps:
Placidochromis Electra
Copadichromis azureus
Copadichromis melas
Cyrtocara moori
Protomelas johnstoni solo

This sounding like a healthier tank?
Pam Chin
Site Admin

Re: Lets try this one more time Pam!

Post by Pam Chin »

Hi dontpanic!

Don't panic! we will get this figured out! lol This is a much better list!! Also do you have your plan b list? because you are going to need that.

Aulonocara baenschi - perfect, if you can't find it, the only other yellow one is A. stuartgranti maleri

Aulonocara jacobfreibergi undu reef - this is a drop dead gorgeous Aulonocara - however it is reported as endangered in the lake, if you can't find it, any of the other jacobfreibergi are nice as well such as: Lwanda and Otter Point, they are a couple of my favorites.

Aulonocara kandeense - This one is nice, but is going to be your shy boy, he is likely to be dark with a silver blaze, but still nice.

Aulonocara rubescens (I believe you said this was a maybe) - yes you may have one of these!

Aulonocara maylandi - not a good candidate, they fish will never color up in a community setting. Its a very cool peacock,but very very shy. Everyone else will intimidate him.

Placidochromis Electra - you will love this one. They have a great black stripe thru the eye and light blue

Copadichromis azureus - This hap is so blue it will knock your socks off!!! Its a long time favorite of many

Copadichromis melas - This fish is too black, and I don't think you will find it around.

Cyrtocara moori - this fish is so much fun! and great color

Protomelas johnstoni solo - these are awesome! Should go really well with your other choices.

List "B" Consider these....

A. stuartgranti mdoka or ngara
A. stuartgranti chiwindi Blue Neon very nice

Protomelas spilonotus
Otopharnx lithobates
Copadichromis borleyi

Sounds like a nice tank in the making!!!

Cichlid Power!
Pam
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com