Air pump

Discussion about tank equipment (lights, heaters, etc.) & books. Also DIY projects.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

ernie9624

Air pump

Post by ernie9624 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 am

I'm looking to upgrade the air pump in my fish room. Thinking of jehmco 80. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Mike Wise
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Air pump

Post by Mike Wise » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:42 am

I converted to a linear air pump from a turbine blower; much quieter! You don't give enough information: # of tanks/outlets, tank depths, size of air line pipe used?

ernie9624

Post by ernie9624 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am

Sorry for slow response and lack of details I was waiting for approval to post. I have 15 tanks at the moment. My old pump was a won 50. I used a manifold with standard airline. Im looking to upgrade and run pvc with air drops. Any suggestions are appreciated.

deeda

Post by deeda » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Ernie, if you are considering getting an air pump from Jehmco I highly recommend calling them and talk to John as he can give you the correct air pump to use as well as the size of the PVC you will be running in your fish room. Before calling him though you will need to know the height of your tanks, the number of tanks, how many outlets per tank, whether you will be using air stones and if you are planning on adding more tanks in the future.

He was extremely helpful when I set up my fish room and sold me the appropriate air pump for my needs. I second the comment that a linear air pump is the way to go.
Dee

OCA member thru 11/2019

Return to “Equipment, Supplies, Books and DIY”