Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny, South America.
Reference in bibliography for genera (1)
Reference in bibliography for species (21)
- Andinoacara latifrons referred to as Acara pulchra.
- Andinoacara rivulatus referred to as Acara aequinoctialis, Acara aequinoctialis.
- Andinoacara sapayensis referred to as Acara coeruleopunctata.
- Bujurquina zamorensis referred to as Acara zamorensis.
- Crenicichla lenticulata referred to as Crenicichla ornata.
- Krobia guianensis referred to as Acara guianensis.
Regan, Charles Tate. 1905. "A revision of the fishes of the South-American cichlid genera Acara, Nannacara, Acaropsis, and Astronotus". Annals and Magazine of Natural History. (Ser. 7) v. 15: pp. 329-347 (crc00016)