Comments: Note that the copy of Stanford University (pdf) has added on the title page that the issue was published in November 1923. The years of publication for the names Bujurquina mariae and Mesoheros gephyrum should probably be changed to 1923 (Ad Konings, 01-Sep-2015).
Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny, South America.
Reference in bibliography for species (12)
- Andinoacara biseriatus referred to as Aequidens biseriatus.
- Andinoacara sapayensis referred to as Aequidens sapayensis.
- Andinoacara stalsbergi referred to as Aequidens rivulatus.
- Bujurquina mariae referred to as Aequidens mariae.
- Caquetaia kraussii referred to as Cichlasoma kraussii.
- Mesoheros atromaculatus referred to as Cichlasoma atromaculatum.
- Mesoheros festae referred to as Cichlasoma festae.
- Mesoheros gephyrus referred to as Cichlasoma ornatum gephyrum.
- Mesoheros ornatus referred to as Cichlasoma ornatum.
- Vieja maculicauda referred to as Cichlasoma maculicauda.
Eigenmann, Carl H. 1922. "The fishes of western South America, Part I. The fresh-water fishes of northwestern South America, including Colombia, Panama, and the Pacific slopes of Ecuador and Peru, together with an appendix upon the fishes of the Rio Meta in Colombia". Memoirs of the Carnegie Museum. vol. 9 (n. 1): pp. 1-346 (crc00283)