" Heiko Bleher, from Germany (Now living in Milan, Italy) is without a doubt one of the most influential figures in today's freshwater aquarium hobby, who has literally lived immersed in aquatic explorations during his entire life. Son of Amanda Flora Hilda Bleher, an important figure in what freshwater aquatic life was concerned during the first part of the 20th century, Heiko, an aquarist himself, has continued a family tradition of exploration, collection and worldwide distribution of aquatic life, discovering countless fish species for the aquarium hobby and science. He has also participated in the publishing of some of the most beautiful freshwater aquarium life journals and books ever published. He has agreed to give this interview for the Cichlid Room Companion, something for which we feel very distinguished "
Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny.
Reference in bibliography for species (24)
- Amphilophus hogaboomorum referred to as 'Cichlasoma' hogaboomorum.
- Andinoacara pulcher referred to as Coeruleacara pulchra.
- Cichlasoma bimaculatum referred to as Cichlasoma bimaculatum, Cichlasoma bimaculatum.
- Kronoheros umbriferus referred to as Caquetaia umbrifera.
- Mesoheros festae referred to as 'Cichlasoma' festae.
- Mesoheros ornatus referred to as 'Cichlasoma' ornatum.
- Nannacara taenia referred to as Nannacara anomala.
- Parachromis dovii referred to as 'Cichlasoma' dovii.