Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny, Lake Tanganyika.
Reference in bibliography for species (15)
- Aulonocranus dewindti referred to as Paratilapia dewindti.
- Bathybates fasciatus referred to as Bathybates ferox.
- Boulengerochromis microlepis referred to as Tilapia microlepis.
- Ctenochromis horei referred to as Tilapia rubropunctata,
- Cyathopharynx furcifer referred to as Tilapia grandoculis,
- Enantiopus melanogenys referred to as Ectodus longianalis,
- exLamprologus lemairii referred to as Lamprologus lemairii.
- Haplochromis obliquidens referred to as Tilapia nuchisquamulatus.
- Limnotilapia dardennii referred to as Tilapia dardennii.
Boulenger, George Albert. 1899. "Second contribution to the ichthyology of Lake Tanganyika - On the fishes obtained by the Congo Free State Expedition under Lieut. Lemaire in 1898". Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. 15(4): 87–96 (crc00043)