von Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, 27-Mai-1996.
The books claims to show every then scientifically described cichlid in the world, something that it may be close to achieve. Many large format pictures are present as well as series of photographs showing spawning sequences. Maps are also present. Most pictures are taken in aquarium but some few show fish in their natural habitat. A short description is given of every specie illustrated. Impression quality is up to the standards of TFH.
Why are cichlids favorite fishes for advanced hobbyists?, 9
The family cichlidae from Africa and Asia, 29
The family cichlid from the Americas, 565
- Cichlids of lake Tanganyika, 30
- Cichlids of lake Malawi, 164
- Cichlids of lake Victoria, 393
- Cichlids of southern and Eastern Africa, 421
- Cichlids of western Africa, 448
- The Tilapias, 500
- Cichlids of the middle east and Asia, 553
- Cichlids of Madagascar, 558
Why are they called cichlids, 785
- Central American cichids, 565
- South American cichlids, 615